Internationally Educated Health Professionals Program
The goal of this program is to assist Internationally Educated Health Professionals (IEHPs) in finding their path in the Canadian health care system, and to support them in each step of the process, including the credential review, registration, understanding and complying with regulations, medical exams, licensing, and the employment search.
Who Can Use the Service
Our services are available to any health care professional residing in PEI who completed his or her health education outside of Canada.
- Advisory support in understanding medical regulations, health care policy, licensing processes and credential recognition
- Individualized support for licensing processes, employment assistance, or support in seeking new education
- One-on-one career counseling
- Assistance with writing professional resumes, CVs and cover letters
- Interview preparation and coaching
- Support to clients through established community connections and referrals to other programs at the PEI ANC
- Group classes - Introduction to the Canadian and PEI Health Care Systems
- Study groups and mock exams
- MCC and CRNE study resources for registered nurse and physician exams
- Lending library of healthcare material for licensing exams
Summerside IEHP Project
The PEI ANC IEHP program staff joined the Summerside pilot project in order to better support the internationally educated health professionals working or looking for work in the health field in PEI.
This project is a direct partnership with community and government agencies, under the common goal of integrating and retaining newcomers who are health professionals in PEI. We are supporting the integration and retention of IEHPs, through:
- meeting the needs of the employed IEHPs in the work place
- helping their spouses with finding employment
- assisting their children with school registration and enrollment in recreational activities
- helping the whole families adjust to their new environment by fostering a welcoming community and organizing events
This project is part of a regional initiative in Atlantic Canadian provinces, and it is being piloted in PEI with internationally educated health professionals in Summerside.