Interpretation and Translation Services
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada provides interpreting service for all clients regardless to their Immigration Class - free of charge - for the following:
- Initial intake at PEI ANC
- Completion of applications for all essential documents and services (SIN, Child Tax Benefit, PEI Medical Cards, etc.)
- Medical and dental appointments
- School registrations
- New student client intake process
- Parent/teacher interviews
- Individual ad hoc cases within PEI ANC programs for meetings, interventions, etc.
Because of a tremendous demand for interpretation due to large numbers of newcomers arriving this year, we are not able to provide free interpretation services for other purposes. We may, however, assist in locating individuals who are willing to interpret to meet any interpreting needs outside PEI ANC programs (requested by clients, or by other service providers). In that case the fees are determined by individual interpreters.
PEI ANC will provide interpretation service for Drivers Written Test for a fee of $50.00 ($30.00 for students) for all Immigration Categories, except immigrants who arrived as Refugees or Immigrant Connections, in which case this service is free.
Translation services are provided on a fee-for-service basis for the following:
- Foreign Driver License ($50.00 per license; $30.00 for students)
- Employment-related documents - contact Employment Assistance Service for details
PEI ANC staff may (determined on case-by-case basis) assist clients to locate individuals willing to translate their personal documents, i.e., the staff may contact PEI ANC translators to see if they would be available to do a translation. We may photocopy the documents and keep them for translators to pick up, etc. Fee rate is determined by each translator in such cases and clients pay translators directly.
We may (program staff determine on a case-by-case basis) also assist organizations (service providers, agencies, businesses) to locate individuals willing to translate other personal documents.