News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- PEI Chief Public Health Officer: Wear masks in public indoor spaces!
- Jul 08 2020
- Help prevent the spread of the virus
Prince Edward Islanders are now strongly encouraged to wear personal protection face masks in public indoor spaces to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Renew PEI, Together
- May 22 2020
- PEI Government's plan to gradually lift COVID-19-related restrictions
***Updated June 29th*** The plan will be implemented in four distinct phases with a progressive lifting of restrictive public health measures over three-week periods. Progression will be gradual and constantly evaluated based on the latest public health information. Phase Four began on June 26th.
- COVID-19: Information for Newcomers to Canada
- Mar 25 2020
- Please follow the official recommendations
PEIANC offices are now closed and employees are working from home helping newcomers as best as they can while ensuring everyone's health and safety.
- Novice Driver Course for Newcomers
- Oct 01 2019
- A new PEI driver education program for newcomers to Canada
On September 30, 2019, the Province has introduced a Novice Driver Course for Newcomers (NDCN) for all drivers exchanging a driver's licence from a country that does not have a formal driver's licence exchange agreement with the Province of Prince Edward Island.
Things to Do
- DiverseCity 2020
- Saturdays, 27 June and 4 July
- We are bringing the party to your living room! Due to the current public health concerns, the annual DiverseCity Festival will happen on TV and online. Order your favourite global foods from local caterers, clear space for a dance floor and turn the volume up!
- PEIANC Camps on School PD Days ***suspended until further notice***
- For Kindergarten to Grade 6 Students
- PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada offers PD Day camps to students from Kindergarten to Grade 6 from refugee and low-income families. Camps are free for participants. Space is limited and registration is needed.
- Friday Friendship Hour ***suspended until further notice***
- Fridays at 5:00 pm
- PEIANC hosts a social activity called Friday Friendship Hour held most Fridays throughout the year. Everyone is invited to attend -- new and established Islanders alike.