News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- Atlantic Immigrant Career Loan Fund
- Oct 28 2020
- The microloan program continues to support internationally trained immigrants in the region
If you are an internationally trained immigrant living in Atlantic Canada and you need financial support to find or retain employment, you may be eligible for the program.
- Back to School 2020
- Aug 10 2020
- Students, parents and caregivers - be prepared
PEI students will return to schools in September with special rules and protocols in place to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19. Make sure you and your school-aged children are informed and ready for a different kind of school year.
- New Information and Referral Telephone Service: 211
- Aug 06 2020
- Includes the availability of interpretation in more than 100 languages
211 is a free and confidential telephone service that helps you find information about programs and services offered in the province by community groups, non-profit organizations and the government. Telephone interpretation services are also available.
- PEI Chief Public Health Officer: Wear masks in public indoor spaces!
- Jul 08 2020
- Help prevent the spread of the virus
Prince Edward Islanders are now strongly encouraged to wear personal protection face masks in public indoor spaces to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Things to Do
- Anti-Racism Student Challenge: Call for Entries
- Submission deadline: February 26, 2021
- In preparation for March 21st, the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, the Cultural Inclusion Training team at the PEIANC is organizing the 9th Annual Anti-Racism Challenge, a creative competition for Island students.
- Canada School
- An orientation program to help newcomers adjust to life in Canada
- Canada School program is designed for newcomers to Canada who are new to PEI or have lived here for under two years, but all newcomers are welcome to participate. The program offers a series of presentations on various topics, delivered online or in person.
- Future Readiness Program
- One-on-one mentorship program for newcomer youth
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 18 and have questions about your future? You are not alone! Future Readiness is a program to help young people prepare for life after high school.