News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- COVID-19: Information for Newcomers to Canada
- Mar 25 2020
- Please follow the official recommendations
PEIANC offices are now closed and employees are working from home helping newcomers as best as they can while ensuring everyone's health and safety.
- Novice Driver Course for Newcomers
- Oct 01 2019
- A new PEI driver education program for newcomers to Canada
On September 30, 2019, the Province has introduced a Novice Driver Course for Newcomers (NDCN) for all drivers exchanging a driver's licence from a country that does not have a formal driver's licence exchange agreement with the Province of Prince Edward Island.
- Tenant Support Centre website launched
- Aug 20 2019
- New resource for Island tenants and landlords
The Tenant Support Centre, a project of Community Legal Information, has launched this new website for Island tenants. Rentingpei.ca provides plain-language legal information about tenants' rights and responsibilities.
- Community navigator hired for western PEI
- Aug 09 2019
- Position created to help newcomers
The position has been launched under a pilot project jointly funded by the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) and the provincial government and it's intended to make sure newcomers to the province have the resources they need to thrive.
Things to Do
- PEIANC Camps on School PD Days ***suspended until further notice***
- For Kindergarten to Grade 6 Students
- PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada offers PD Day camps to students from Kindergarten to Grade 6 from refugee and low-income families. Camps are free for participants. Space is limited and registration is needed.
- Friday Friendship Hour ***suspended until further notice***
- Fridays at 5:00 pm
- PEIANC hosts a social activity called Friday Friendship Hour held most Fridays throughout the year. Everyone is invited to attend -- new and established Islanders alike.