News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- COVID-19 Vaccine
- Mar 10 2021
- The immunization program is underway
Every resident of Prince Edward Island who wants to be immunized against COVID-19 will have the opportunity to receive the vaccine in 2021. The vaccine will be free across Canada.
- COVID-19 Testing in PEI
- Dec 14 2020
- When and where to get tested
Testing can be done at either scheduled clinics by appointment or drop-in clinics with no appointment necessary.
- COVID-19: Information for Newcomers to Canada
- Dec 01 2020
- Please follow the official recommendations
PEIANC offices are now closed and employees are working from home helping newcomers as best as they can while ensuring everyone's health and safety.
- PEI Chief Public Health Officer: Wear masks in public indoor spaces!
- Nov 19 2020
- Help prevent the spread of the virus
Prince Edward Islanders now must wear personal protection face masks in public indoor spaces to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Things to Do
- Canada School
- An orientation program to help newcomers adjust to life in Canada
- Canada School program is designed for newcomers to Canada who are new to PEI or have lived here for under two years, but all newcomers are welcome to participate. The program offers a series of presentations on various topics, delivered online or in person.
- Future Readiness Program
- One-on-one mentorship program for newcomer youth
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 18 and have questions about your future? You are not alone! Future Readiness is a program to help young people prepare for life after high school.
- Fresh Air Fridays
- Get some fresh air and explore PEI
- Join us for Fresh Air Fridays! Each week, we explore a new area of Prince Edward Island with newcomers who wish to get to know their new home better. Adults and children are welcome.