Interpretation and Translation Services
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada provides interpreting services for all clients regardless of their immigration class. PEIANC interpreters and translators are trained in-house. They are not certified. Interpretation for the following services is free of charge:
- Initial intake at PEIANC
- Completion of applications for all essential documents and services (SIN, Child Tax Benefit, PEI Health Cards, etc.)
- Medical, vision, and dental appointments
- School registrations
- New student client intake process
- Parent/teacher interviews
- Meetings with PEIANC staff
In some instances where PEIANC does not provide interpreters, staff may be able to connect clients with an interpreter, a payment would be arranged between the client and interpreter. In these cases the fees are determined by individual interpreters.
Translation services are provided on a fee-for-service basis for the following:
- Foreign driver's licence ($50.00 per licence and $30.00 for students)
- Employment-related documents
Translation of any document other than a driver's licence is provided at a rate of 20 cents per word. For all other translations, the newcomer client pays PEIANC, and translators submit claim forms to PEIANC.
Look for contact information on the right side of the page below