PEIANC Employment Opportunity: Information Services Coordinator
Deadline to apply: July 16, 2019
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is hiring a full-time Information Services Coordinator.
Reporting to the Community Engagement Manager and to the Executive Director, the Information Services Coordinator has a range of responsibilities that primarily involve gathering information on our programs, services, and activities and then disseminating to funders, clients, the Board of Directors, and the wider community. The ISC assists the Executive Director and the Director of Finance and Administration with monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to funders. The ISC also shares information with clients to assist with their ongoing integration into life on PEI. The ISC helps to publicize PEIANC activities through our website, and through social and traditional media. The ISC may also assist with grant applications as required. As part of the Community Engagement Team, the ISC will assist with PEIANC events and social integration activities as needed. This position is 37.5 hours per week; duties may require some evening or weekend time. Any hours above 37.5 are not paid as overtime, but are to be taken in lieu as per PEIANC personnel policy.
Contract: Full time – Contract until March 31, 2020
Closing date: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Starting date: As soon as possible
Salary wage: $22.91/hour – 37.5 hours/week
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation, writing, and editing of publications, reports, posters, brochures, banners, advertising, etc.
- Preparation and delivery of media releases, publicity, television and radio appearances, advertising, and scripts for ads and events.
- Collect and edit all PEIANC departmental reports and prepare for delivery to funders.
- Act as first level contact for media to determine request and work with Executive Director to respond to media requests.
- Work in collaboration web developer and administrator and/or other IT personnel to create online information and news posts for peianc.com.
- Write, edit, proof and research for Executive Director and staff as required.
- As schedule and workload allows, the ISC may:
- Disseminate information to clients and members of the public through email, social media, and other appropriate means of communication.
- Participate as member of Community Engagement team helping to execute and promote all CE events.
- Work with Community Engagement Manager on proposals and applications for funding
The successful candidate will have the following skills or aptitudes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and editing skills in English (native English speaker or Level IELTS 8-9)
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with co-workers, media, and community partners
- Ability to prioritize competing demands
- Ability to meet deadlines
Education and Work Experience
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, or English
- Experience working in communications or information an asset
- Experience working in immigrant settlement as asset
- Experience working in an intercultural setting an asset
- Experience working in an NGO an asset
How to Apply
Apply by email. Please send a cover letter and resume, by Tuesday, July 16, 2019, to:
Caitlyn (Office Administration) - email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.