PEIANC Employment Opportunity: Resettlement Assistance Worker
Deadline to Apply: April 15
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is hiring a full-time Resettlement Assistance Worker.
Job Title: Resettlement Assistance Worker
Hourly Wage and Work Hours: $22.91/hour – 37.5 hours/week
Starting Date: to be determined
Contract Type: Full-time – Permanent
Reporting to the Manager of Settlement Services, this person is responsible for supporting government-assisted refugees with settlement and integration within the first year upon their arrival in PEI.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Greeting clients upon arrival at the airport;
- Assisting with short-term and long-term housing;
- Assisting clients with applications, documentation, and paperwork related to settling in Canada and PEI;
- Providing information on life in Canada specific to PEI;
- Working closely with and reporting to Immigration, Refugees, and Canadian Citizenship office responsible for PEI;
- Providing information on housing, subsidy programs, health care system, rights and responsibilities, etc.;
- Assisting clients in contacting and communicating with federal and provincial government agencies;
- Booking appointments for clients as well as interpreters as needed; and
- Making referrals to other internal and external programs and services as required.
Applicants must have:
- Postsecondary degree or diploma and/or relevant experience;
- Excellent interpersonal communication (oral/written) skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Computer proficiency; and
- Team player attitude, as well as a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with minimum supervision
Other considered qualifications:
- Experience working with immigrants and/or in other cross-cultural circumstances
- Experience working with interpreters
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset
- Driver's license and access to a vehicle
How to Apply
Apply by email. Please send a cover letter and resume, by April 15, 2019 to:
Caitlyn (Office Administration) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.