PEIANC Employment Opportunity: Summer Camp Leader
Deadline to Apply: May 18, 2018
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is hiring two students for the Summer Camp Leader position.
Job Title: Summer Camp Leader
Hourly Wage Rate: $11.55
Employment Period: June 25 – August 31, 2018 (10 weeks)
This position reports to the Youth Settlement Services (YSS) Coordinator and assists YSS staff with setting up and operating a summer camp for immigrant and refugee students from Kindergarten to grade 12.
- Organize supplies and equipment needed for the camp
- Assist with the preparation of activities planned for each week
- Implement and supervise daily activities including recreation, arts and crafts, healthy living, field trips, etc.
- Supervise and provide leadership for children and youth participating in the summer program
- Provide a safe and caring environment that promotes inclusion and positive child and youth development
- Assist with setup and clean-up of all activities.
- Support YSS and other teams within the PEIANC with small projects
Succesful candidates must:
- Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- A second language would be an asset (Chinese/Arabic)
- Flexibility for working evenings and/or weekends
How to Apply
Apply by email. Please send a cover letter and resume, by Friday, May 18, 2018 to:
Verity Kislingbury (Office Administration) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.