PEIANC Employment Opportunity: Youth Settlement Worker
Deadline to Apply: August 17, 2018
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is hiring a full-time Youth Settlement Worker.
This position reports to the Youth Settlement Services (YSS) Coordinator and provides support and assistance to immigrant students (Kindergarten to Grade 12) integrating into PEI's school system, through working with staff, students, parents, and the community. The Youth Settlement Worker must address a wide range of issues as it relates to the process of successfully integrating students into the school system.
Salary: $22.91 / hour
Start Date: ASAP
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Communicating with schools and families on matters related to the wellbeing of the student;
- Assisting clients with internal and external referrals;
- Coordinating the preparation and delivery of specific youth-related projects throughout the year;
- Supervising children and youth activities to ensure a safe and caring environment that promotes inclusion and positive child and youth development;
- Monitoring and maintaining an efficient record management system including daily updating of the YSS intranet database, data spreadsheets and project reports.
- Applicants must hold a Degree or Certificate in Education/Human Sciences or have equivalent experience;
- Experience working with children and youth, work with immigrant students would be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal, client service, organizational and interpersonal communication (oral/written) skills;
- Computer proficiency, including demonstrated ability in word processing, database management and spreadsheets;
- Ability to be an effective team player, as well as the ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision;
- Applicants must be detail-oriented and have a good previous work and attendance record.
- An additional language would be an asset (Mandarin/Vietnamese)
- Driver's License
How to Apply
Apply by email. Please send a cover letter and resume, by August 17, 2018, to:
Verity Kislingbury (Office Administration) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.