News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- Atlantic Immigrant Career Loan Fund helps newcomers achieve credential recognition
- May 29 2019
- Media Release
Credential recognition can be a major barrier for immigrants to enter the labour market. The cost associated with having international credentials recognized is often expensive and can affect newcomers eventual inclusion in their chosen field.
- Being an Ally - 2019 Anti-Racism Creative Challenge
- Apr 03 2019
- Winners announced for seventh annual contest
Charlottetown, PE – For the past seven years, the PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada has invited youth in Grades 7 to 12 to participate in a creative challenge to express their ideas on anti-racism.
- Lollipop Fundraiser – in honour of Barho Family
- Mar 19 2019
- Teenager models kindness and compassion to motivate friends and school to support refugees
Cornwall, PE - There aren't many things these days that will keep a teenager at the kitchen table doing work for school the next day. However, this was not a typical thing that Keira Fitzpatrick-Moran was doing.
- Good for newcomer communities
- Mar 13 2019
- New pilot program teaches newcomers how to run a restaurant
If you’re new to PEI and looking to open your own restaurant, you might be wondering where to start. A new pilot project offered at Row House Steak & Lobster Co is teaching newcomers just how to break into the business successfully on the Island.
Things to Do
- Friday Friendship Hour
- Fridays at 5:00 pm
- PEIANC hosts a social activity called Friday Friendship Hour held most Fridays throughout the year. Everyone is invited to attend -- new and established Islanders alike.
- PEIANC Camps on School PD Days
- For Kindergarten to Grade 6 Students
- PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada offers PD Day camps to students from Kindergarten to Grade 6 from refugee and low-income families. Camps are free for participants. Space is limited and registration is needed.