News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- Kindergarten Registrations 2019
- Dec 18 2018
- For children born in 2014
Was your child born outside of Canada and/or you speak a language other than English or French at home? Is your child eligible to start kindergarten in September 2019? If yes, they should get registered at the EAL/FAL Reception Centre.
- Newcomer Youth Video Addresses Teenage Stereotypes
- Apr 10 2018
- We may be #youngbut. . .
A group of students from Colonel Gray High School, in partnership with the PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada, created a video addressing youth stereotypes entitled #youngbut.
- PEIANC Opens Office in Montague
- Mar 01 2018
- Expanding services for new immigrants
The PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada opened an office in Montague effective Tuesday, February 13.
- Changes to Canada Citizenship Act
- Oct 16 2017
- Changes take effect on June 19, 2017
On June 19, Bill C-6 received Royal Assent, resulting in changes to the Citizenship Act. These changes give more flexibility for applicants to meet the requirements for Canadian citizenship.
Things to Do
- Anti-Racism Student Challenge: Call for Entries
- Submission deadline: 28 February 2019
- In preparation for March 21st, the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, the Cultural Inclusion Training team at the PEIANC is organizing the 6th Annual Anti-Racism Challenge, a creative competition for Island students.
- Friday Friendship Hour
- Fridays at 5:00 pm
- PEIANC hosts a social activity called Friday Friendship Hour held most Fridays throughout the year. Everyone is invited to attend -- new and established Islanders alike.
- PEIANC Camps on School PD Days
- For Kindergarten to Grade 6 Students
- PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada offers PD Day camps to students from Kindergarten to Grade 6 from refugee and low-income families. Camps are free for participants. Space is limited and registration is needed.