News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- Renew PEI, Together
- May 22 2020
- PEI Government's plan to gradually lift COVID-19-related restrictions
***Updated June 5th*** The plan will be implemented in four distinct phases with a progressive lifting of restrictive public health measures over three-week periods. Progression will be gradual and constantly evaluated based on the latest public health information. Phase Three began early, on June 1st.
- COVID-19: Information for Newcomers to Canada
- Mar 25 2020
- Please follow the official recommendations
PEIANC offices are now closed and employees are working from home helping newcomers as best as they can while ensuring everyone's health and safety.
- Novice Driver Course for Newcomers
- Oct 01 2019
- A new PEI driver education program for newcomers to Canada
On September 30, 2019, the Province has introduced a Novice Driver Course for Newcomers (NDCN) for all drivers exchanging a driver's licence from a country that does not have a formal driver's licence exchange agreement with the Province of Prince Edward Island.
- Tenant Support Centre website launched
- Aug 20 2019
- New resource for Island tenants and landlords
The Tenant Support Centre, a project of Community Legal Information, has launched this new website for Island tenants. Rentingpei.ca provides plain-language legal information about tenants' rights and responsibilities.
Things to Do
- PEIANC Camps on School PD Days ***suspended until further notice***
- For Kindergarten to Grade 6 Students
- PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada offers PD Day camps to students from Kindergarten to Grade 6 from refugee and low-income families. Camps are free for participants. Space is limited and registration is needed.
- Friday Friendship Hour ***suspended until further notice***
- Fridays at 5:00 pm
- PEIANC hosts a social activity called Friday Friendship Hour held most Fridays throughout the year. Everyone is invited to attend -- new and established Islanders alike.