News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- PEIANC Employment Opportunity: Program Coordinator, AICLF
- Jan 21 2021
- Deadline to apply: 27 January 2021
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is hiring a part-time Program Coordinator for the Atlantic Immigrant Career Loan Fund (AICLF).
- Get Involved: Opportunity to Serve on the PEIANC Board of Directors
- Jan 14 2021
- We are looking for expressions of interest
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is seeking expressions of interest from people who would like to serve on the Board of Directors.
- COVID-19 Testing in PEI
- Dec 14 2020
- When and where to get tested
Testing can be done at either scheduled clinics by appointment or drop-in clinics with no appointment necessary.
- Current COVID-19 Testing Priority
- Dec 09 2020
- Persons 20-29 years of age living in the greater Charlottetown area
It is recommended that all individuals between the ages of 20 and 29 living in the greater Charlottetown area be tested for COVID-19 this week, even if they do not have symptoms.
Things to Do
- Anti-Racism Student Challenge: Call for Entries
- Submission deadline: February 26, 2021
- In preparation for March 21st, the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, the Cultural Inclusion Training team at the PEIANC is organizing the 9th Annual Anti-Racism Challenge, a creative competition for Island students.
- Canada School
- An orientation program to help newcomers adjust to life in Canada
- Canada School program is designed for newcomers to Canada who are new to PEI or have lived here for under two years, but all newcomers are welcome to participate. The program offers a series of presentations on various topics, delivered online or in person.
- Future Readiness Program
- One-on-one mentorship program for newcomer youth
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 18 and have questions about your future? You are not alone! Future Readiness is a program to help young people prepare for life after high school.