News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- Get Involved: Opportunity to Serve on the PEIANC Board of Directors
- Dec 04 2019
- We are looking for expressions of interest
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is seeking expressions of interest from people who would like to serve on the Board of Directors. The Board is particularly interested in having representation from Kings County.
- Novice Driver Course for Newcomers
- Oct 01 2019
- A new PEI driver education program for newcomers to Canada
On September 30, 2019, the Province has introduced a Novice Driver Course for Newcomers (NDCN) for all drivers exchanging a driver's licence from a country that does not have a formal driver's licence exchange agreement with the Province of Prince Edward Island.
- Tenant Support Centre website launched
- Aug 20 2019
- New resource for Island tenants and landlords
The Tenant Support Centre, a project of Community Legal Information, has launched this new website for Island tenants. Rentingpei.ca provides plain-language legal information about tenants' rights and responsibilities.
- Community navigator hired for western PEI
- Aug 09 2019
- Position created to help newcomers
The position has been launched under a pilot project jointly funded by the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) and the provincial government and it's intended to make sure newcomers to the province have the resources they need to thrive.
Things to Do
- PEIANC Christmas Social
- Join us as we celebrate the holiday season
- Everyone's invited to our annual Christmas Social on Wednesday, December 18th from 3 to 5 in the afternoon. You'll find us on the second floor at the Confederation Court Mall in downtown Charlottetown.
- Share Canadian Holiday Cheer with Newcomers
- Join the Holiday Host Program
- We are seeking established Islanders to become Holiday Host volunteers and newcomers to Canada who would like to be matched with them in the popular PEIANC Holiday Host Program. The more the merrier!
- Anti-Racism Student Challenge: Call for Entries
- Submission deadline: February 28, 2020
- In preparation for March 21st, the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, the Cultural Inclusion Training team at the PEIANC is organizing the 7th Annual Anti-Racism Challenge, a creative competition for Island students.