News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- PEIANC Employment Opportunity: Employment Counsellor
- Sep 19 2019
- Deadline to Apply: 23 September 2019
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is hiring a full-time temporary Employment Counsellor.
- PEIANC Employment Opportunity: EAL Tutor Program Coordinator
- Aug 27 2019
- Deadline to apply: 30 August 2019
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is hiring a full-time English-as-an-Additional-Language Tutor Program Coordinator.
- Tenant Support Centre website launched
- Aug 20 2019
- New resource for Island tenants and landlords
The Tenant Support Centre, a project of Community Legal Information, has launched this new website for Island tenants. Rentingpei.ca provides plain-language legal information about tenants' rights and responsibilities.
- Community navigator hired for western PEI
- Aug 09 2019
- Position created to help newcomers
The position has been launched under a pilot project jointly funded by the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) and the provincial government and it's intended to make sure newcomers to the province have the resources they need to thrive.
Things to Do
- Friday Friendship Hour
- Fridays at 5:00 pm
- PEIANC hosts a social activity called Friday Friendship Hour held most Fridays throughout the year. Everyone is invited to attend -- new and established Islanders alike.
- PEIANC Camps on School PD Days
- For Kindergarten to Grade 6 Students
- PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada offers PD Day camps to students from Kindergarten to Grade 6 from refugee and low-income families. Camps are free for participants. Space is limited and registration is needed.