News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- Lollipop Fundraiser – in honour of Barho Family
- Mar 19 2019
- Teenager models kindness and compassion to motivate friends and school to support refugees
Cornwall, PE - There aren't many things these days that will keep a teenager at the kitchen table doing work for school the next day. However, this was not a typical thing that Keira Fitzpatrick-Moran was doing.
- PEIANC Employment Opportunity: Community Connections Program Coordinator
- Mar 18 2019
- Deadline to apply: 22 March 2019
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is hiring a Community Connections Program Coordinator.
- Good for newcomer communities
- Mar 13 2019
- New pilot program teaches newcomers how to run a restaurant
If you’re new to PEI and looking to open your own restaurant, you might be wondering where to start. A new pilot project offered at Row House Steak & Lobster Co is teaching newcomers just how to break into the business successfully on the Island.
- Kindergarten Registrations 2019
- Dec 18 2018
- For children born in 2014
Was your child born outside of Canada and/or you speak a language other than English or French at home? Is your child eligible to start kindergarten in September 2019? If yes, they should get registered at the EAL/FAL Reception Centre.
Things to Do
- Information Session: Filing a Canadian Income Tax Return
- Wednesday, March 27
- PEIANC is organizing an information session for newcomers, with a tax specialist explaining important facts about filing the income tax return in Canada.
- Workshop: Cyber Safety
- Tuesday, March 26
- This workshop is for newcomers to Canada who would like to learn more about cyber safety and how to protect one's personal information while using computers and other electronic devices connected to the Internet.
- Friday Friendship Hour
- Fridays at 5:00 pm
- PEIANC hosts a social activity called Friday Friendship Hour held most Fridays throughout the year. Everyone is invited to attend -- new and established Islanders alike.